Not only 'now everyone can fly', now everyone can 'travel' abroad........everyday.....with just one click.
By the way, are we aware that we are all constantly 'traveling' at the speed of the Earth orbiting around the sun at 30km per second? Whoa! Now that is super 'obviously-not snail' fast! Imagine, in just one second, you would have travelled about the same distance from Bangi (exit) to Seremban (exit) on PLUS highway!
Australia is also known as Down Under.
Now, back to Gold Coast.
So, recently, 'Pokcik' and 'Mokcik' ni pun bawalah our 2 'babies' there as they are now not short anymore. The eldest is reading Medicine in another country far, far away and the second one decided not to follow as his exam is around the corner.
So I said to My Clone;
She said back;
"Even kalau tengah beratur pun, Ma. Once in, never out. Unless you want to do the walk of shame"
That's you mom, dear. I'd rather do the walk of shame than peeing in my pants.
So, selalunya kami berdua duduk tunggu dan tunggu sahaja, sesekali sahaja Prof (bukan panggilan sebenar) pergi temankan budak berdua tu.
2. Very important, ETA visa. Not only you have to have a passport valid for at least 6 months ahead, you have to obtain ETA as well. It is actually FOC but the service provider will charge variably between RM20-50 if done locally or AUD 10-39 depending on which agency you choose to assist you. Without this visa, you are not allowed entry into Australia.
3. There are 2 main airports to choose if you are travelling from KLIA: the nearer Coolangatta airport (30-40 minutes' drive) and the bigger Brisbane airport (about an hour's journey)
- From KLIA, there are only 2 direct flights. AirAsia takes off from KLIA2 and lands at Coolangatta airport while MH departs KLIA and touches down at Brisbane airport.
- We had experienced both. MH lands late in the evening so by the time you reach Gold Coast, it will be 1-2 hours later (depending on immigration clearance and traffic) and you'll reach Gold Coast near/past midnight. AirAsia : depending on the days : its landing time can be in the morning or at night about 8pm.
I even ate it with nasi lemak. (There's a joke about having nasi lemak for breakfast in Germany but I don't think it is proper to mention it as it'll remind us of Nazi)
Basically they are :
ANIMALS and PLANTS
PLANT MATERIAL : seeds, nuts, spices, herbs
ANIMAL PRODUCTS : dairy products, egg products
Even if they miss the hidden and undeclared item/s, it is not an honest thing to do when we visit one's place. Imagine people visiting our house and bring food or something that is never allowed into our house? So every time we went there, we just ticked the food 'box' on the declaration card.
I love going to Harbour Town, not for shopping designer items (that is not me). We usually ate lunch (there were 3-4 halal eateries), bought groceries, went into kitchenware retail shops (I collect crab crackers) and took pictures of these birds
Now, let me excite you more with this another fact about Australia...
Yes, they have had many innovations!
Define innovation : (I'm not a walking dictionary, go find it yourself , heheh )
How different is it from invention?
(Ehem....bukan I.M.I.T.A.S.I. tau)
Semakin banyak saya korek, semakin kagum saya dengan apa yang ada di-inovasi oleh mereka.
Saya beri contoh barangan yang berkait dengan dunia pekerjaan saya di hospital.
- 'disposable plastic syringe' tu satu inovasi. Asalnya mereka menghadapi masalah dengan ubat penicillin yang membeku dalam syringe kaca (mereka yang sebaya Mokcik
mungkin masih ingat waktu sekolah rendah dulu-dulu, BCG dicucuk menggunakan syringe kaca kan?) Sekarang ambil darah tak perlu risau berkongsi jarum/syringe.
- Pernah lihat matawang kertas Australia? Wang kertas plastik/polimer juga satu inovasi - lebih tahan lama dan ciri keselamatan juga lebih
- Smart modem pun satu inovasi
- Googlemap juga satu inovasi Australia. Dah pernah tengok rumah/kawasan kediaman sendiri?
dan senarai inovasi mereka masih panjang lagi….
Siapa yang tak kenal dengan Sydney Opera House ni?
Binaan ni pun satu inovasi.
Other countries also have a lot of innovations.
Best sangat ke Australia tu yang kita nak jadikan contoh?
Let us innovate
We should too....actually we already have had some innovations.
..and the recently launched agency called MaGIC (Malaysian Global Innovation and Creativity Centre)(in Apr 2014 by Mr Barack Obama and our PM when he visited us)